The 8th Annual Scholarship Week: Celebrating the Research, Creative, and Service Accomplishments of MU Students takes place Monday through Sunday April 17-23, 2023.
Student Scholarship Week includes week-long activities that showcase and celebrate students’ individual academic work inside and outside of the classroom as well as highlights faculty-student collaboration, across the University.
Students’ scholarly contributions in research, writing, service learning, clinical experiences (i.e., study abroad, internships), musical and theater productions, art exhibits, student development and leadership, student clubs etc. are all part of this event. Last year’s work is available for viewing online. Last year’s Hawk Talks may be viewed here.
Applications for Hawk Talks and student posters may be submitted at this etrieve form. Submissions are due on March 10, 2023. Please send information about School, Department or Program events to email@example.com . Please include title of event, date, time and place for inclusion in the Student Scholarship Week program. Please note that Schools, Departments and Programs must make all arrangements, including space reservations, for their individual events.
2023 Scholarship Week Committee
- Kurt Wagner, University Librarian (Committee Chair)
- Mary Anne Nagy, Vice President for Student Life & Leadership Engagement
- LoriAnne Perrine, Executive Assistant to the Provost
- Nancy Mezey, Dean, Honors School
- Leon Hess School of Business
- Janeth Merkle, Assistant Dean
- Jonathan Daigle, Assistant Professor, Economics, Finance and Real Estate
- School of Education
- Alex Romagnoli, Interim Associate Dean
- Carol McArthur-Amedeo, Program Director, Lecturer, Special Education
- Danielle Frith, Specialist Professor, Special Education
- Wayne D. McMurray School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Rich Veit, Associate Dean
- Geoffrey Fouad, Associate Professor, Geography
- Beth Swanson, Lecturer Professor, English
- Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Nikki Clifford, Associate Dean
- Jaime Myers, Associate Professor, Health and Physical Education
- School of Science
- John Tiedemann, Assistant Dean
- Jason Adolf, Endowed Professor of Marine Science, Biology, and Urban Coast Institute
- School of Social Work
- Leah Lazzaro, Assistant Dean
- Paul Urbanski, Associate Professor
Monday, April 17
Hawk Talks – see Hawk Talk abstracts here
10am – 11:30am
University-wide Poster Expo Opening
Student Center – Anacon A/B
The Hawk Talks event will highlight the rich diversity of events offered during Student Scholarship Week by including student work from all academic disciplines, including graduate and undergraduate students, in one premier interdisciplinary event. The event format will showcase student work through poster presentations and five-minute TED-talk style presentations. Refreshments will be served.
University-wide Poster Exposition
Posters in Anacon Hall and online
At this interdisciplinary poster session will highlight our students’ research across departments, programs and disciplines at Monmouth.
Students will display their posters in Anacon Hall throughout the week.
All Week Events
Department, program and center event details and full program of Student Scholarship Week events.