The XIV Dalai Lama
“Our Happiness, Our Health, Our Future: His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s Reflections and Conversations on our Happy, Healthy, and Sustainable Future.”
The Dalai Lama joined Monmouth University and guests on Tuesday, September 21, at 11:30 p.m. EDT for a livestream session to engage in conversation with our students and colleagues and offer his message of happiness, health, well-being, and the future of this earth, our only home.
View the recording of the livestream
Watch a short video summary of the entire week
Check out this photo gallery of our students, faculty, and staff on the livestream with the Dalai Lama:
Thank you to everyone who came together for this monumental occasion and participated in one of our many events:
- Empowerment through International Movement
- Tree Planting Ceremony
- Monks Blessing
- Erlanger Gardens, Great Hall
- The Courage to Love -Cultivating joy and peace in a turbulent world roshi Ray Cicetti followed by Eating Meditation by Ralph
- Round Table Discussion: Does Money Buy Happiness?
- IMGE Dance presentation
- Honors Student Association Presents “Healthy Mind, Healthy Soul”
- Astronomical Observations with Meditation
- From East to West –Aristotle to the Dalai Lama on the Pursuit of Happiness
- Service as Healing: A Follow-up to the Dalai Lama’s Message
- Hope, Healing and Our Collective Futures
- Are Politics and Spiritual Values Compatible? A Conversation with Cory Booker
- Turning to Mother Earth: Should Women Lead the Climate Action Movement?
- Zen Buddhism Personal Practice Talk
- Living Each Moment
- Holism in relation to cross-cultural healing