Skip to main content

Human Resources

Student Employment Office

How Do I Apply for On-Campu Jobs?

About the Student Employment Office

The Student Employment Office oversees all aspects of on-campus student employment and off-campus community service. The department is managed by Aimee Parks, the Assistant Director of Human Resources for Student Employment, and is located in the first floor of Bey Hall Room 127. She can be reached at 732-263-5381.

All U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are undergraduate matriculated students must first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be eligible to work on campus. Monmouth University’s policy on student employment grants preferential hiring status to students eligible for Federal Work Study award

All current and prospective student employees should be familiar with the various policies and procedures affecting student employment. A copy of the Student Employment Handbook outlining all policies and procedures may be obtained upon request from the Office of Student Employment.

Student workers and supervisors may view the Payroll Schedule 2019-2020.

Information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its related confidentiality agreement is viewable for student employees.

NOTE: Beginning the week of August 26, 2013, student employees may work a maximum of 26 hours per week during the summer months and winter and spring breaks.

What is Federal Work Study and how is it awarded?

The Federal Work Study (FWS) program provides funding for work on-campus in University departments and work in non-profit community service agencies off-campus. The FWS program is designed to promote access to employment, which helps students meet educational expenses. The Office of Financial Aid is responsible for awarding FWS, which is determined mainly from the Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA).

A Federal Work Study award means that the department for which a student works pays only 25% to 30% of the hourly wage and the government pays the rest.

What kinds of positions are available?

On-campus positions are available in many of the academic and administrative departments. Departments that hire students include Athletics, the University Store, Information Support, Residential Life, and Tutoring and Writing Services. Most positions pay between $10.00 and $10.50 per hour.

What is Federal Work Study Community Service?

Students with Federal Work Study may also use their award to work at off-campus community service agencies such as Family & Children Jersey Shore Arts Center, the Mental Health Association, the America Reads and America Counts tutoring programs, as well as numerous other locations.

Working either on or off campus provides the opportunity to interact with future employers, obtain references, meet University staff and other students, have fun, and make a difference!

Search Hawks Career Link by FWS-OFF CAMPUS JOBS

How do I apply for on-campus jobs?

Log onto Hawks Career Link (our job posting site that we share with Career Services). This site is updated continuously with student employment opportunities. You simply follow the steps as stated below. SEARCH BY FWS-ON CAMPUS and / or FWS-OFF CAMPUS jobs!

  1. Locate jobs on the Hawks Career Link system
  2. Apply & Interview (resume required. Hawks Career Link will have you select a resume template if you do not have a resume)
  3. Once selected, accept the job offer
  4. Complete the Employment Packet & I-9 paperwork with the Student Employment Office in Bey Hall room 127.
  5. Complete all required training associated with the position (including Ultipro, Emergency Response Training, and Preventing Sexual Harassment Training).
  6. Begin Working!

How may a student who does not have Federal Work Study find a job?

According to Monmouth University’s policy on student employment, all student positions at the University are to be filled by those individuals awarded Federal Work Study. There is only one exception to this policy. Non-FWS students may fill positions only when a FWS student can not meet all the valid requirements of the position. All efforts to refer a qualified FWS student must first be exhausted.

Students seeking a job on campus who do not have FWS are welcome to search Hawks Career Link for SH-ON CAMPUS jobs (student help). In the event an on-campus position cannot be filled with a FWS student, student help students may be offered employment.

Eligible students seeking off-campus employment may also view part-time job listings, through Hawks Career Link.

What other duties does the Student Employment Office perform?

In addition to processing all student time sheets and stipends, the Student Employment Office maintains employment records and supporting legal documents, and conducts training sessions for supervisors. The office also sponsors a number of exciting annual events including Student Employee

Additional Information

Student Employment Workshop 11/20/19 -

Hot Topics in Student Employment

Student Employment Newsletter