Close Close

Graduate Admission FAQ

Q: What are the application deadlines?
A: For domestic students applying July 15 is the deadline for the Fall and December 1 is the deadline for the Spring. For international students, the deadline for the Fall is June 1 and for the Spring is November 1. Please view the deadline to our cohort programs below.

  • Masters in Social Work deadline is July 15
  • Speech Language Pathology deadline is February 1
  • Physician Assistant deadline is December 1

Q: What are the admission requirements for my program?
A: To view the admission requirements and components needed for a complete application for your program please visit the Graduate Application Instructions section of our website.

Q: How do I apply to transfer credits from my previous graduate program?
A: After you have been admitted into your graduate program, you can apply to transfer graduate credit by completing a transfer of credit form, which can be obtained in the Office of the Registrar, and submitting it to your academic department.

Q: How do I register for my first course(s)?
A: Once you have been admitted to a graduate program, you may consult with a Graduate Admission Counselor or the appropriate academic department to register for classes. Contact the Graduate Admission Office at 732-571-3452 or
Tuition and Fees: Please see our complete list of tuition and fees.
Application Fee: There is a $60 application fee. This non-refundable fee is for the cost of processing graduate applications.

Q: How can I find out about course schedules?
A: A Schedule of Courses can be accessed online at WebAdvisor or through the Registrar’s Web site.

Q: How can I find out more about these programs?
A: There are a number of ways to find out more about individual graduate programs:

Q: Are curriculum charts available for my program of study?
A: Yes. Curriculum charts are available online. Please visit to view.

Q: What forms do I need to apply for financial aid?
A: Initially, the only form you will need is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. We will contact you if it will be necessary to complete additional forms.

Q: When must I pay my tuition and fees?
A: After you register for courses, you will be sent a tuition/fee bill by the Bursar’s Office. Payment of fall charges are due in August, and spring charges are due in December. Payment for summer sessions is due in May. Specific dates are set annually and are announced in the Schedule of Courses booklet. Major credit cards are accepted.

Q: Are there payment plans available?
A: The Tuition Management Systems (TMS) offers a monthly payment plan that is available for graduate student use. The plan offers 12-, 10-, or 8-month payment schedules. Tuition costs are divided evenly among the monthly payments. There is a $50 initial year application fee for the 12-month program with an annual renewal fee of $40. Part-time graduate students may select a four-month semester plan beginning August 1 for the fall semester. The application fee is $30 per term when the single semester plan is chosen. Visa and MasterCard are accepted for payment of educational purposes. If you need more detailed information on the payment plan, you should contact the Bursar’s Office.

Q: Is there a policy for refunding of fees?
A: Yes. Tuition and other refundable fees will be refunded upon withdrawal from fall or spring semester courses according to the schedule detailed in the Graduate School Catalog. All refunds will be based on the official date of withdrawal, specified on the completed withdrawal form received by the Registrar’s Office, or, if no completed withdrawal form is received, the last date of attendance as determined by Monmouth University. You are responsible for ensuring that the withdrawal form reaches the Registrar’s Office.