Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership Application Requirements
To be considered for Fall or Spring admission, students must submit an application to Monmouth University along with a $50 application fee, and provide the following:
- Master’s degree: All applicants must have an earned master’s degree in education, business, or related field. Official transcripts are required from each institution in which bachelor’s and master’s level credits were earned.
- Grade Point Average: Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 out of 4, in a nationally accredited Master’s Program.
- Standardized Test Scores or Scores: Applicants must provide evidence of having taken the Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical writing tests of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) within the last five years. Other exams may be considered.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: A current resume/curriculum vitae should outline the applicant’s educational background, employment history, professional activities, and other activities that provide support for admission.
- Two letters of recommendation: These letters should address the applicant’s readiness for doctoral study.
- Personal statement: This two-page essay should describe the applicant’s preparation for study in the program and personal objectives for graduate study.
- Interview: Candidates may be selected for an interview by one or more members of the advisory board to determine the candidate’s level of interest, aptitude, and career goals.
- Writing sample: At or near the time of their interview, candidates may be asked to provide an onsite writing sample to be evaluated by the admission committee.