Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership Application Requirements
To be considered for admission, students must submit an application to Monmouth University along with a $50 application fee, and provide the following:
- Master’s degree: All applicants must have an earned master’s degree in education, business, or related field. Official transcripts are required from each institution in which bachelor’s and master’s level credits were earned.
- Grade Point Average: Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.25 out of 4, in a nationally accredited Master’s Program.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: A current resume/curriculum vitae should outline the applicant’s educational background, employment history, professional activities, and other activities that provide support for admission.
- Two letters of recommendation: These letters should address the applicant’s readiness for doctoral study.
- Personal statement: This two-page essay should describe the applicant’s preparation for study in the program and personal objectives for graduate study.
- Interview: Candidates may be selected for an interview by one or more members of the advisory board to determine the candidate’s level of interest, aptitude, and career goals.
- Writing sample: At or near the time of their interview, candidates may be asked to provide an onsite writing sample to be evaluated by the admission committee.