The Law Enforcement Officer Memorial (LEOM) Scholarship is a non-need based scholarship that benefits dependent children of New Jersey law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
The LEOM Scholarship will cover up to the cost of attendance less other grants, scholarships, benefits, and/or other financial assistance awarded under NJ HESAA statute. Awards are renewable for up to four (4) years or either semesters.
Students must submit an application annually, found on the NJFAMS portal, that must be received by October 1st of the academic year aid is requested for fall and spring terms, or received by March 1st of the academic year for which aid is requested for a spring term only.
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Be a dependent child of a New Jersey law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty
- Be a U.S. citizen, an eligible non-citizen, or eligible to file the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application
- Be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at an approved New Jersey college, university or degree-granting proprietary school
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Not have received the maximum allowable number of payments