Tuition Aid Grants (TAG) are funded by the state of New Jersey and are administered through the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (NJHESAA). TAG provides assistance to needy full-time Monmouth University undergraduates who have been residents of New Jersey for at least twelve consecutive months prior to receiving the grant, and who have filed the FAFSA within state deadlines. Annual award amounts for 2022-23 range from approximately $2,176 to $13,590 annually. To be considered for an award during the 2022-23 academic year, new students must have file the FAFSA by September 15, 2022. Prior TAG recipients must have filed by April 15, 2022. Award renewal is dependent on the student filing the FAFSA within state deadlines, meeting satisfactory academic progress, and continuing to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrate financial Need
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a legal resident of New Jersey for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to enrollment
- Be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in an approved degree program.
- Making satisfactory academic progress
- Register with the Selective Service (if required by federal law)
- Not owe a refund on a federal or New Jersey grant or scholarship
- Not be in default on a federal or state student loan
- Not have received a baccalaureate degree
- Not have received the maximum number of payments