The Great Lawn Grant is awarded by Monmouth University to undergraduate students on the basis of unmet financial need and academic performance. Awards are automatically granted to qualified students and are valued at up to $6,500 for first-time students and $3,000 for transfer students (not to exceed direct costs). Awards are available only to students who are completing their first bachelor’s degree.
Great Lawn Grants are renewable provided the student maintains full-time status, a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5, and continues to demonstrate unmet financial need.
Important information about the Great Lawn Grant:
- The grant can be applied only toward tuition assessed by Monmouth University and cannot be applied toward housing costs.
- Students participating in the tuition remission or tuition exchange programs are not eligible for an award.
- Grants are NOT available during the summer.
- Students must be full-time (i.e., 12 or more credits) for each semester of the award. However, during the semester of student teaching, students who are otherwise eligible and enrolled in less than 12 credits will receive a prorated award.
- Awards can be applied toward study abroad charges ONLY when tuition is assessed by Monmouth University.
- Students studying off-campus at the Washington Center or in the clinical semester(s) of the Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Technology programs can receive the grant if they meet all other eligibility criteria.
- Changes in housing status as well as changes in unmet need can affect the student’s eligibility for the Great Lawn Grant.
- A FAFSA must be completed in order to determine the student’s eligibility.
- NJ Dreamers should complete the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application in lieu of the FAFSA.
- Non-NJ Dreamers should complete a FAFSA listing themselves as neither a citizen nor eligible non-citizen.
- International students are not eligible for this award.