The NJ STARS II Program is a continuation of the NJ STARS Program that provides successful NJ STARS students at New Jersey county college with funding to transfer to a New Jersey four-year college/university to earn a bachelor’s degree. The NJ STARS II award is based on tuition only. Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) recipients are the exception; they will receive awards based on tuition and approved fees. The amount of an NJ STARS II award is determined after all other state and federal grants and scholarships are applied and will not exceed $1,250 per semester. NJ STARS II awards are dependent upon annual state appropriations.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Students must be an NJ STARS recipient or non-funded (tuition and approved fees fully covered by other State and/or federal aid) during the semester they graduate from the county college
- Students must have graduated from an NJ county college with an associate degree and a GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Family income (including taxable and untaxed income) must be less than $250,000.
- Students must be admitted to an NJ four-year institution that participates in the TAG program (NJ STARS eligibility does not guarantee admission to an NJ four year institution.)
- Students must begin NJ STARS II program participation no later than the second semester immediately following county college graduation.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credits or more) each semester.
- Students must submit their FAFSA and submit any requested documentation to complete or verify the application within established State deadlines.
For additional information about NJ STARS II as well as the application and renewal procedure, please click here.