The NJ STARS II Program is a continuation of the NJ STARS Program that provides successful NJ STARS students at New Jersey county college with funding to transfer to a New Jersey four-year college/university to earn a bachelor’s degree. The NJ STARS II award is based on tuition only, except for Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) recipients who will receive awards based on tuition and approved fees. The amount of an NJSTARS II award is determined after all other state and federal grants and scholarships are applied and will not exceed $1,250 per semester. NJSTARS II awards are dependent upon annual state appropriations.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Be an NJ STARS recipient or non-funded (tuition and approved fees full covered by other State and/or Federal aid) during the semester of county college graduation
- Student must have graduated from a NJ county college with an associate degree and a GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Family income (including taxable and untaxed income) must be less than $250,000
- Student must be admitted to a NJ four-year institution that participates in the TAG program (NJSTARS eligibility does not guarantee admission to a NJ four year institution)
- Student must begin NJ STARS II program participation no later than the second semester immediately following county college graduation
- Student must be enrolled full-time (12 credits or more) each semester
- Student must submit their FAFSA and submit any requested documentation to complete or verify the application within established State deadlines.
For additional information about NJSTARS II as well as the application and renewal procedure please click here.