Wells Fargo is strongly invested in supporting our nation’s veterans, including a commitment to assist them in completing postsecondary education programs to help them return to, and succeed in, a competitive job market. The Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program provides scholarships to fill unmet financial need of veterans after military benefits and other grants and scholarships have been packaged by their school. This financial support will allow veterans to focus on completing their education and reduce reliance on student loans.
The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Applicants to the Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program must:
- Be honorably-discharged (no longer drilling) veterans or spouses of disabled veterans who have served in the United States military, including the Reserves and National Guard, and have received a Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs or another document of service.
- Be high school or GED graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in full-time undergraduate (first Bachelor’s) or graduate (first Master’s degree) study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school* for the entire upcoming academic year.
*College must not be on warning or probationary status with the federal government, or must not be in litigation with the federal government or a state.
- Be Pell-eligible and have applied for Title IV and completed FAFSA to ensure full discovery of actual unmet need.
- Use any military education benefits for which they are eligible in the upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.