The United Methodist Higher Education Foundation (UMHEF) General Application is used for a number of named scholarship funds established by various donors. Some of the funds stipulate that applicants meet certain eligibility criteria, i.e., resident of specific conference, majoring in specified field, etc. Scholarship fund descriptions are available at www.umhef.org. Applicants will be considered for all scholarships they qualify for, but are eligible to receive only one award per year from UMHEF funds. Renewal applicants must submit a new application each year.
- Online applications must be submitted between January 2 and March 1 each year.
- All additional required application materials must be postmarked no later than March 1.
BASIC CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Must be an active, full member of The United Methodist Church for at least one year prior to applying. Members of other Methodist denominations are not eligible.
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time degree program (graduate or undergraduate) at a United Methodist-related college or seminary in the United States.
- International students must be attending a United Methodist-related institution in the United States.
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) candidates are not eligible.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN FILLING OUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION
Once you begin filling out the application, you will not be able to save it and come back. If you quit before completing the application, you will have to start over again. You may find it helpful to print a hard copy of the online application form first to prepare for filling it out online. Once you’ve submitted your application you will not be able to make changes or additions. For your convenience, before you begin filling out the online application, please gather the following information:
- Estimated available funds for the academic year
- Estimated expenses for the academic year
- UM church membership information, including church address and pastor’s email.
- Current and previous academic and employment information