Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
- Be currently enrolled in, or accepted to enroll at an accredited college or university within the United States,
- Have sustained a traumatic brain injury from an accident or traumatic event
- Timely complete a selection application
Selection is based on the overall strength of the application, how that applicant has overcome the challenges he or she has faced from a traumatic brain injury, and goals for the future.
Application deadline: August 1, 2019
Applicants must submit the following items:
- A completed application,
- A copy of a current college academic transcript or proof of acceptance and registration at an accredited college or university,
- A copy of proof of accident, such as police report, or some other form of proof of the traumatic event,
- Proof of a traumatic brain injury from a narrative medical report or hospital record,
- An essay of not more than three pages describing the traumatic event, your injury, and how you have worked to overcome your injury while pursuing an education.etc.,)
- Proof of legal Residency in the U.S. (i.e. Birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card
The Traumatic Brain Injury Scholarship is to be used exclusively for college tuition, books, and related expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, please complete the Brain Injury Scholarship Application below.
Incomplete applications and applications submitted after August 1, 2019 will not be considered.