Students from across the U.S. are invited to apply for P.L.A.Y.’s annual Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship rewards one student who can tell the best story, describing the impact he or she made in the life of a rescue animal or animal welfare cause in general.
Beginning 08/01/2019, P.L.A.Y. will promote, by means of internet and print, the opportunity to submit entries to win the Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship.
P.L.A.Y. was honored to receive a record amount of essay submissions last year! Due to this increase in scholarships; P.L.A.Y. is thrilled to once again offer three prizes.
1st Prize – One Scholarship valued at $1,000
2nd Prize – One set of Warm Bellies Special Edition Chill Pads (10 beds) to be donated to an animal shelter of your choice*
3rd Prize – One Garden Fresh plush toy set (5 toys) to be donated to the animal shelter of your choice*
The contest is open to U.S. residents. No purchase necessary. All participants must be enrolled as a full-time high school senior. Entries are limited to one submission per person. Immediate family members of P.L.A.Y. employees are excluded from this contest. All essay submissions must be received by 11:59pm PT on Saturday, February 1, 2020.
HOW TO ENTER
To apply, students will submit an essay with 2-3 photos of their volunteer efforts to help animals in need and how that involvement has changed their lives or shaped their perceptions on the importance of animal welfare by February 1, 2020.
- The essay should be between 500-1000 words.
- Send a Word doc attachment to SCHOLARSHIP@PETPLAY.COM with your essay submission.
- The file name should be your full name, state, and date of birth. For example,
- 2-3 photos of your volunteer efforts to help animals in need
- In the body of your email, include student’s full name, date of birth, email address, postal address, high school they are currently enrolled in, and a phone number to contact.
Failure to provide any of these terms listed above will result in automatic disqualification.