The lifelong bonds you form, the communities you serve, and the invaluable lessons you learn are all part of an unforgettable Greek organization experience. Joining a brotherhood or sisterhood is an honor and a privilege, and with it comes social awareness and responsibility.
Greek U is offering an annual scholarship to an exceptional sorority or fraternity member who is passionate and devoted to Greek life. If you are a natural leader, avid volunteer, and an exceptional academic, Greek U wants to hear about how joining a sorority or fraternity has changed your life.
$1,500 for education-related expenses, including tuition, housing, meal plans, books, computers; and/or Greek-related expenses, including recruitment fee, dues, housing fee, and Greek U apparel.
Online Application Deadline:
February 1st, 2019
Qualifications: Applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen and an active sorority or fraternity member
- Be enrolled in a four-year, accredited college or university
- Be in excellent academic standing with a 3.0 grade point average or higher at the time of application.
- Complete an online application
- Write a 500-word essay on the following topic: How has joining a fraternity or sorority changed your life? Please include one or two photos that you feel best represent your love for your organization!
- Actively participate in volunteer and extracurricular activities
- Greek U is an independent, privately held clothing and merchandising company. Each year, Greek U awards a scholarship to an eligible member of a Greek organization.
- The scholarship is designed to supplement, but not replace, federal and state financial aid, employer tuition assistance, and student income.
- The award is credited directly to the recipient’s financial account and the funds are intended only for education- or Greek-related expenses.
- Greek U does not discriminate in any of its policies, procedures, or practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran status, or medical condition.
- Greek U awards scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions are final.
- Scholarships may not be sold, transferred or assigned.