To be eligible, an applicant must satisfy the below requirements in full:
- Applicant must be under the age of 25.
- Must have been diagnosed with and/or been actively treated for cancer or a chronic illness within the past five years.
- Must be pursuing an Associate degree or higher.
- Applicant must write an essay on how their diagnosis has impacted their lives and future goals. (1500-word maximum)
- Applicant must submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the college or university the applicant is planning to attend. If you are unsure of where you are going and have received multiple acceptance letters, please include all of them.
- Applicants treating physician must complete Diagnosis Verification Form.
- Applicant must provide two letters of recommendation from non-related persons (examples: teachers, coaches, community leaders). Recommendation letters must include their name, address and phone number within the letter.
- Applicant must provide a high school or current college transcript; whichever is applicable. (Official transcript is required if selected)
- Applicant must submit completed financial form that will demonstrate financial need and include a copy of the first two pages of the tax return for the individual claiming the student as a dependent. If a tax return was not filed, please provide an official letter of non-filing from the IRS and complete the Declaration of No Income Form.
To apply to PAF’s Scholarship for Survivors Undergraduate Scholarship, student must have been diagnosed with and/or been actively treated for cancer or a chronic illness within the past five (5) years