Women are underrepresented in the field of cybersecurity to the detriment, we believe, of the industry as a whole. To encourage young women to explore a career in this field, we founded an annual scholarship program. For 2019, scholarships will be awarded in the following amounts:
• 1st Place – $5,000
• 2nd Place – $2,000
• 3rd Place – $1,000
Our scholarship program is open to female undergraduate and graduate students currently studying for degrees in:
▪ Information Assurance
▪ Information Security
▪ Information Systems Security
▪ Other cybersecurity-related STEM disciplines
Applicants must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program at an accredited college or university during the 2018-2019 academic school year. Applicants must also be Citizens or Permanent Legal Residents of the United States, Israel or a European Union member country.
1. Your scholarship application will be measured on multiple components including:
▪ A cyber challenge that will be sent to you upon submission of your application
▪ Your self-reported GPA (this will be verified with your university prior to any award)
▪ The relevance of your academic program to the field of cybersecurity
▪ A short original essay described more fully below
2. Submissions will be accepted from March 1, 2019, through June 15, 2019.
3. Submit your essay and details via this online form. Note that your introduction/bio and essay may be published on Morphisec’s blog/website or social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
4. Essay guidelines
▪ Topic: “What made you become interested in cybersecurity or information security?”
▪ Word count: 200-300 words
▪ All essays must be submitted in English
5. Scholarship winners must provide proof of identity and present confirmation of current enrollment at
an accredited institution along with GPA.
6. All colleges and universities must be accredited by the governing body for higher education of the country in which the school is located. If school transfers are present, they will be subject to the same accreditation approval.
7. The scholarship selection committee will make its decision, after which the winners will be notified. The committee shall have sole discretion in its selection.
8. Funds are provided by Morphisec, and will either (at Morphisec’s sole discretion) be made payable to the University’s Financial Aid department or deposited directly to winning students’ bank accounts.
9. This scholarship requires no application/entry fee.