Applicants must be the child of one of the following
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine
- Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, or who was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving, or has served, with a U.S. Marine unit
- Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman attached to a Marine unit
Additionally, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- GPA of at least 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Family adjusted gross income for the 2018 tax year that does not exceed $98,000. Non-taxable allowances are not included in determining adjusted gross income
- Attending or planning to attend a college or career training school listed on the National Center for Education Statistic’s College Navigator website in the 2019-20 academic year.
*Applicants and awarded scholars attending a Federal Service Academy or a school not listed on College Navigator are not eligible for an award.
*Applicants who have an undergraduate degree, are pursuing a second bachelor’s degree, or are attending graduate school of any kind are NOT eligible.
*Applicants who have served, or are serving, in the U.S. military are required to provide a Statement of Service or DD214 showing honorable character of service.