In 2010, Government Finance Officers Association’s Executive Board voted to create the Government Finance Professional Development Scholarship to support the studies of part-time students with a career interest in state and local government finance.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Enrollment Status: Part-time; graduate level
- Course of Study: Public administration, (governmental) accounting, finance, economics, or business administration (with specific focus on government)
- Letter of Recommendation: Employer, and someone who can speak to your commitment to the public sector
- Number of Scholarships Available for Award – 2018 Level: Four $10,000 awards
- Employment Requirement: Employed at least two years by one or more state or local governments