- This event has passed.
Substitute School Nurse Workshop
Substitute Nurses are needed in many school districts! This class is designed to present an overview of the responsibilities of the Substitute School Nurse. The Instructors will introduce key areas specific to the care of the child in the school setting.
- Describe requirements for School Nursing and employment opportunities
- Review tips and techniques for the management of the school health office
- Discuss documentation guidelines
- Compare district policies for the management of common school health concerns
- Discuss diabetes management (nutrition and insulin pumps)
- Describe emergency protocols (epi-pen, glucagon, & nebulizer)
Fee: $90 (a light lunch is included in the program fee)
This program will provide 5.5 contact hours
For more information, contact Barbara Paskewich, MSN,RN, MA, CHES, Director of Professional Development and Special Projects, at 732-571-3694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.