The Office of Conference Services and Special Events utilizes the Event Management System (EMS) software to manage ALL space on campus. Our WebApp system allows you to check room availability and schedule meeting space all online!
To reserve space…..
1. Login to our WebApp System.
2. You will be brought to your personal Dashboard. Select the appropriate template under “My Reservation Templates”. Unsure which one to complete? Select the “about” button next to each template for a description of that template.
3. Once you select the correct template, you can begin to enter your meeting requirements using the left navigation tools.
4. Select the space that best fits your meeting requirements. Once you submit your request, it will be sent to the Central Scheduler for review and processing.
5. You can always visit your dashboard to see what reservations you have confirmed or in request status.
6. PARKING – Please note that if you have more than 10 people attending a meeting from off campus (including MU community members who are returning to campus outside of their normal work hours), please answer the question as YES. These requests are filtered through our MUPD Parking Services Department for review and management. If you have questions about whether or not your event will require parking approval, please contact Kris Kacandes in MUPD to discuss your meeting.
7. Requests are received in the order they are submitted. Confirmation may take some time based on the details of your request and the necessary approvals required for each meeting.
We must advise departments and offices that submitting a Reservation Request does not guarantee that the space is available. It may be necessary for offices and departments to modify their searches based on the availability of rooms. Please be aware that departments at times may be asked to shift into another meeting space to better accommodate the University’s overall needs for meeting space.
PLANNING AN EVENT ON CAMPUS?
If you department is planning to hold an event on campus (seminar, professional development, conference, etc.), we encourage you to contact the Office of Conference Services and Special Events at x3473 first before proceeding with date selection. Our highly trained and experienced staff can help walk you through the process of hosting an event on campus. In addition, we can help with date selection based on other events taking place on campus and availability of space.
In addition, our office offers full scale Event Management Services to our campus community. For a small administrative fee, our office can handle event logistics for your meeting and serve as a resource to your area from start to finish. Give us a call if you would like to learn more about our services.
If your event is manageable within your department, we can provide you with the necessary steps you would take in order to get approval and put on a successful event.
If you or your department/office will be co-sponsoring an event, you must complete the University’s Co-Sponsored Form. This form must be then routed to the Chief of Police, Department/Area Head and Vice President or Provost. Please ensure this form is accompanied by the required documentation justifying the co-sponsorship as outlined on the form. Once this form is approved by leadership and routed to our office, we can work with you to confirm space and assist with the event as needed.