The Commencement Ceremony is a dignified academic event that recognizes the achievements of our graduates and honorees. Students who choose to participate in Commencement are asked to observe the following guidelines.
- Graduates must return to the seating area after receiving their degrees. Out of respect for all students being recognized, participants are required to remain for the entire ceremony. The conferral of degrees is a lengthy part of our program, and it is imperative that consideration be extended until the final student receives his/her degree. If you choose to participate, you are expected to remain until the recessional.
- All cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off for the duration of the ceremony.
- Noise-making devices are prohibited in the ceremony, as are any objects that would detract from the formality of the event.
- Applause should be held until all students have received their degrees. Names will be read quickly, and it is important that every name is heard.
The points listed above are meant to ensure that our graduates and guests have the most enjoyable day possible.
Honors and Honors Cords
Undergraduate students who are baccalaureate degree recipients having earned at least fifty-six (56) credits at Monmouth University and have a cumulative GPA no lower than 3.50 will be graduated with honors. This distinction is indicated on the diploma. Academic honor cords, to be worn at Commencement, will be distributed to students with their cap and gown.
- Cum Laude: 3.50 – 3.64
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.65 – 3.84
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.85 – 4.00
Honor society and non-academic honor cords will be distributed by the advisor for each of the relevant organizations. If you are currently a member of such an organization, you should contact your advisor to determine if and when honor cords will be distributed to the graduating members.
Graduate students are not eligible for honor cords unless provided by their specific academic discipline’s honor society.
Certified Electronic Diploma Distribution
We are pleased to now be able to provide you with a Certified Electronic Diploma. When your Certified Electronic Diploma is ready to be downloaded, you will receive an email with instructions. You will not receive this notification unless all university obligations are met.
We will also mail you a traditional paper diploma approximately two weeks after the conferral date, provided all university obligations are met.
Grad Images Photography
GradImages, a professional photography service, will be at Commencement to photograph graduates as they are recognized on stage. Your proofs will be sent via e-mail to your student account and mailed to your home address. If you have any questions regarding your proofs, please contact GradImages Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576 or email them at email@example.com.
You may pre-register your e-mail address at https://www.gradimages.com/preregistration to ensure an accurate address is on file. By pre-registering, you will receive a coupon for 20% off your order.