Cap and Gown
Cap and gown orders must be placed online through WebAdvisor under the heading “Graduation” from Monday, March 12, through Friday, April 13, 2018. Please note that orders must be received by midnight Friday, April 13, 2018; otherwise, we cannot guarantee that a cap and gown will be available for you.
Cap and gowns may be picked up at the Grad Fair in Anacon Hall (Student Center, 2nd Floor) on Tuesday, May 8, 2018, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Undergraduates may also pick up their cap and gowns at the PNC Bank Arts Center on Wednesday, May 9, 2018, from 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
Announcement & Ticket Pickup
Announcements/Tickets may be picked up in the Office of Student Life (2nd floor of the Student Center) on the dates and times listed below. Announcements/Tickets Only (not Caps and Gowns).
|April 16 (Monday)||8:45 am – 7:45 pm|
|April 17 (Tuesday)||8:45 am – 7:45 pm|
|April 18 (Wednesday)||8:45 am – 7:45 pm|
|April 19 (Thursday)||8:45 am – 7:45 pm|
|April 20 (Friday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|April 23 (Monday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|April 24 (Tuesday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|April 25 (Wednesday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|April 26 (Thursday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|April 27 (Friday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|April 30 (Monday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|May 1 (Tuesday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|May 2 (Wednesday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|May 3 (Thursday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|May 4 (Friday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|May 7 (Monday)||8:45 am – 5:00 pm|
|May 8 (Tuesday)||8:45 am – 7:00 pm|
The colors you will see in the hoods of our faculty represent the various fields in which the degrees were taken:
Apricot – Nursing
Orange – Engineering
Brown – Fine Arts
Pink – Music
Citron – Social Work
Purple – Law
Crimson – Journalism
Sage Green – Physical Education
Dark Blue – Philosophy
Salmon Pink – Public Health
Golden Yellow – Science
Scarlet – Theology
Green – Medicine
Yellow-Brown: Commerce, Business, Accounting
Lemon-Yellow – Library Science
White – Arts, Letters, Humanities
Light Blue – Education
Graduation with Honors
To be graduate with honors, a baccalaureate degree recipient must have earned at least fifty-six (56) credits at Monmouth University and have a cumulative GPA no lower than 3.50. Three levels of honors are distinguished and indicated on the diploma:
- cum laude for students earning a GPA between 3.50 and 3.64;
- magna cum laude for students earning a GPA between 3.65 and 3.84; and
- summa cum laude for students earning a GPA between 3.85 and 4.00.
Students who received academic amnesty (see Academic Amnesty for more information) are not eligible to graduate with honors.
Wilson Hall – 2nd Floor
Office of the Registrar
Tuesday, May 29, through Friday, June 1, 2018 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Diplomas may be picked up at the Office of the Registrar from Tuesday, May 29 through Friday, June 1. A photo ID is required to receive your diploma. Diploma cases will be distributed on stage to each graduate. All financial obligations to the University must be satisfied prior to diplomas being released.
Any remaining diplomas will be mailed, certified mail, via USPS on Monday, June 4, 2018. Students will receive an e-mail to confirm the address that is on file is the correct one.
IMPORTANT: Diplomas will not be available to students with outstanding University obligations. You may review your blocks and/or outstanding obligations through WebAdvisor. If you have any outstanding obligations, please contact the appropriate office directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a fee for Commencement?
- There is no fee to participate in Commencement.
- How many guest tickets do graduates receive?
- Graduates are limited to four (4) tickets each. Any available extra tickets may be distributed via lottery. Guests with tickets will have access to the covered seating area; guests without tickets will be directed to the lawn area. Weather permitting, the PNC Bank Arts Center will provide seating in this section. You are not permitted to bring your own chair(s) for the lawn section. Graduates do not need a ticket.
- Do children need tickets?
- If a child is walking, a ticket is needed. Children are not permitted to sit on a lap in lieu of a ticket. Strollers are not permitted in the amphitheater in accordance with fire safety regulations.
- What time do graduates have to be at the PNC Bank Arts Center?
- Graduates are asked to be at the student lineup by 11:30 a.m. Signs and staff will direct you to this area. The student procession will begin at approximately 12:15 p.m., guests are asked to be seated by 12:00 p.m.
- What time will the gates open at the PNC Bank Arts Center?
- Gates to the PNC Bank Arts Center will open at 10:30 a.m. Expect heavy traffic leading into the PNC Bank Arts Center on Commencement Day. Please leave ample time to enter the area, park, and report to the student lineup.
- How do I get my tickets?
- Please see the section “Ticket/Announcement Pickup Schedule” for the days and times tickets/announcements will be released. A photo ID is required to pick up your tickets/announcements.
- How and when do I get my cap and gown?
- Cap and gowns will be distributed at the Grad Fair in Anacon Hall (Student Center, 2nd Floor) on Tuesday, May 8, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., second floor of the Student Center, or at the PNC Bank Arts Center from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Commencement Day. A photo ID is required to pick up your cap and gown.
- When will I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas may be picked up at the Office of the Registrar from Tuesday, May 29, 2018 through Friday, June 1, 2018. A photo ID is required to receive your diploma. Diplomas not picked up by June 1, 2018, will be mailed to your home address by certified mail. Diploma cases will be distributed on stage to each graduate. All financial obligations to the University must be satisfied prior to diplomas being released.
- Will a photographer be at Commencement?
- Yes. GradImages, a professional photography service, will be at Commencement to photograph students as they are recognized on stage. Your proof will be mailed to your home address and sent via e-mail to your student account. You may pre-register your e-mail address at http://gradimages.com/Preregistration to ensure an accurate address is on file. By pre-registering, you will receive a coupon for $5 off an order of $25 or more.
- Are there any accommodations for disabled guests?
- Please note that we are at capacity for special needs seating and are unable to accommodate any future reservations
- PARKING: ADA parking is available at the PNC Bank Arts Center for those with a disabled parking placard or plate. If this area is full, guests may be dropped off at the entrance to the PNC Bank Arts Center.
- Is there a rehearsal for graduation?
- There is no rehearsal for graduation. Detailed instructions will be available at the distribution area for cap and gowns.
- Is there a reception following Commencement?
- The University will remain open until 6:00 p.m. on Commencement Day if you would like to return to campus for photographs. Fountains will be on, light refreshments will be available.