Writing Services Presentations for Your Classroom
Faculty may request a classroom presentation detailing the services offered by Writing Services. For Fall 2020, faculty have two options:
- request a A Writing Services Ambassador to participate in a Zoom session during an online synchronous class meeting; or
- utilize (i.e. link to or use in a Zoom or in a live classroom) the Writing Services video that will summarize our services and demonstrate how to make an appointment.
There will be no live Writing Services ambassador presentations in classrooms this fall.
- Writing Services ambassadors are undergraduate, graduate or faculty Writing Assistants who can speak directly to your students about the style of instruction they provide students during Writing Services tutoring sessions, the kind of work they do with the students, and the benefits of strong writing skills. The Ambassadors, in themselves, represent one possible achievement of strong writers while they are engaged in their undergraduate or graduate studies at Monmouth University.
- You can arrange for a Zoom presentation by contacting the Secretary of Writing Services at 732-571-7542 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. The presentation should take approximately twenty minutes. The Ambassadors use a Prezi to guide them in their presentation, so please allow screen sharing for the purposes of the presentation.
- Experience indicates that students who have heard the classroom presentations come to Writing Services more readily. Students may make appointments with the Writing Assistants who led the presentations, as they now know someone at Writing Services, or with any of the Writing Assistants. The unknown is now a known entity.
- Writing Services staff welcomes any opportunity to assist the faculty and the students in improving writing skills. Please feel free to contact Writing Services with your response to the Writing Services Ambassador Program or regarding any other writing matters that are of concern to you.