All Monmouth University Nursing students are members of MUPNA.
The purpose of the MUPNA is to:
- contribute to nursing education and help to provide for the highest quality of healthcare; to aid in the development of nurses’ professional role and their responsibility for the healthcare of people in all walks of life;
- to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interests and concerns;
- to promote awareness and involvement in nursing education;
- to act as a liaison between nursing faculty, administration, student government, and nursing students; and
- to provide an online means of communication for the nursing community at Monmouth University.
One of the key aims of the organization is to act as the student’s voice in the Nursing Department. A representative of MUPNA is invited to attend all faculty meetings.
MUPNA is also Monmouth University’s first virtual club.
An online forum has been established for all Marjorie K. Unterberg Nursing Students. It is accessible to students through a designated e-learning site. In this manner the school has created a space for MU nursing students to communicate, share information, and find support!
Featured at the web site are:
- Highlights of monthly meetings and guest speakers
- Employment opportunities
- Discussion groups with other nurses and online support chats
- Professional support and mentoring options
- Scholarship information
Board members for the 2019-2020 school year:
- President – Faridat Busari
- Vice President – Amanda Dolitsky
- Treasurer – Nancy Brown
- Recording Secretary – Brielle Saunderson
- Corresponding Secretary – Paige Huff
- SGA Representative/Liaison- Brianne Orzepowski
- Fundraising Chair – Nicole Grzelczak
- Sophomore Class Representatives – Noel Appleby, Antonia Prestine & Sara Polansky
- Junior Class Representatives – Yasmeen Rodriguez, Maddy Zuber, Alexa Cammaroto, Natalia Voitek & Ally Hughes
- Senior Class Representatives – Julie Ghaul, Vicki Cook & Stephen Boyce
- MSN Representatives – Ambika Alagona & Tony Dicken
- DNP Representatives – Keilynn Alicea & Dawn Health
- Professor Beth Gough
- Professor Mary Nasta
- Barbara Paskewich – Director of Professional Development