All Monmouth University Nursing students are members of MUPNA.
The purpose of the MUPNA is to:
- contribute to nursing education and help to provide for the highest quality of healthcare; to aid in the development of nurses’ professional role and their responsibility for the healthcare of people in all walks of life;
- to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interests and concerns;
- to promote awareness and involvement in nursing education;
- to act as a liaison between nursing faculty, administration, student government, and nursing students; and
- to provide an online means of communication for the nursing community at Monmouth University.
One of the key aims of the organization is to act as the student’s voice in the Nursing Department. A representative of MUPNA is invited to attend all faculty meetings
MUPNA is also Monmouth University’s first virtual club.
An online forum has been established for all Marjorie K. Unterberg Nursing Students. It is accessible to students through a designated e-learning site. In this manner the school has created a space for MU nursing students to communicate, share information, and find support!
Featured at the web site are:
- Highlights of monthly meetings and guest speakers
- Employment opportunities
- Discussion groups with other nurses and online support chats
- Professional support and mentoring options
- Scholarship information
Board members for the 2023-2024 school year:
- President : Alex Gerbavsits
- Vice President: Rachel Bents
- Treasurer: Madelyn Sargenti
- Corresponding Secretary: McKayla Dottery
- Responding Secretary: Angelina Scotto
- Fundraising Chair: Gabriella Ricottone
- Community Service Chair: Samantha Panzella
- Freshman Class Representatives: Samantha Salerno, Lorianna Fuentes, Melanie Roney, Brooklyn Guarascio, Sofia Sabonjian
- Sophomore Class Representatives: Cecilia Aversano, Gianna Napoli, Leanne Lacey, Alexis Reid
- Junior Class Representatives: Sarah Datesman, Joe Bitterman, Alexis Wetzler, Grace Jordyn
- Senior Class Representatives : Michael Passante, Riley Gripp, Julie Casuriaga, Michelle Nguyen
- Graduate Class Representative: Arianna Duncan
- Professor Polina Amburg
- Professor Beth Gough
- Professor Mary Nasta
- Barbara Paskewich – Director of Professional Development
- 2020-2021 “You Make A Difference” Award (Student Activities)
In recognition of efforts made in making connections with students, encouraging membership, and staying active as a club the duration of the school year.