All Monmouth University Nursing students are members of MUPNA.
The purpose of the MUPNA is to:
- contribute to nursing education and help to provide for the highest quality of healthcare; to aid in the development of nurses’ professional role and their responsibility for the healthcare of people in all walks of life;
- to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interests and concerns;
- to promote awareness and involvement in nursing education;
- to act as a liaison between nursing faculty, administration, student government, and nursing students; and
- to provide an online means of communication for the nursing community at Monmouth University.
One of the key aims of the organization is to act as the student’s voice in the Nursing Department. A representative of MUPNA is invited to attend all faculty meetings
MUPNA is also Monmouth University’s first virtual club.
An online forum has been established for all Marjorie K. Unterberg Nursing Students. It is accessible to students through a designated e-learning site. In this manner the school has created a space for MU nursing students to communicate, share information, and find support!
Featured at the web site are:
- Highlights of monthly meetings and guest speakers
- Employment opportunities
- Discussion groups with other nurses and online support chats
- Professional support and mentoring options
- Scholarship information
Board members for the 2022-2023 school year:
- President: Grace Snyder
- Vice President: Gabriella Avenil
- Treasurer: Gianna Chiusano
- Community Service Chair: Rachel Blackwell
- Fundraising Chair: Alexandra Gerbavsits
- Recording Secretary: Jacqueline Cornetta
- Corresponding Secretary: Madison Dempsey
- DNP Rep: Allison Pianoforte
- MSN Rep: Caitlyn G. Kay and Anam Khan
- Senior Reps: Arianna Hernandez and Alexa Marigliano
- Junior Reps: Rachel Bents and Raluchukwu Molokwu and Gabby Ricottone
- Sophomore Reps: Ava Bovasso
- Professor Beth Gough
- Professor Mary Nasta
- Barbara Paskewich – Director of Professional Development
- 2020-2021 “You Make A Difference” Award (Student Activities)
In recognition of efforts made in making connections with students, encouraging membership, and staying active as a club the duration of the school year.