Following is a sample of testimonials given by our attendees from various workshop programs held during our past year.
SANE – January 2018
- It was an amazing program taught very well by Mrs. Eileen
- Thank you for such an amazing experience.
- Great program will highly recommend to fellow nurses interested
- Positive-Eileen is a great instructor. Makes sure all students are comfortable with any material. Looking forward to putting all this knowledge to work.
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End – January 2018
- Good format for this mandated educational experience. The speakers and lectures were captivating and knowledgeable about the current guidelines for pain management and prescriptive practice
- I will recommend this course, appreciated the work at your own pace especially as a full time NP
- The program was informative and educational: it covered the important aspects of the topic. Thank you so much
- This was a very comprehensive learning experience
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End – July 2018
- Great program-thank you
- Thank you for hosting an informative, necessary, quality program
Suturing and Wound Closure Workshop – February 2018
- Great program!
- Excellent instructor!
Pediatric Physical Assessment – March 2018
- Excellent presenter! Program well organized! Excellent communication!
- Loved the hands on!
Pediatric Emergency Care – March 2018
- Loved it! Best lecture I’ve been to. Excellent teacher.
Writing Workshop: Research Papers/APA Style – March 2018
- Very informative, thank you!
Improving Communication Regarding End-of-Life Decisions – April 2018
- Excellent program. Should repeat
- Excellent speakers. Very engaging
- I appreciate your programs. They are always relevant and practical
IAFN Clinical Skills Training – April 2018
- I had an excellent time at the clinical training and learned some valuable tools I can use in my practice. Thank you for having this!
- I learned a lot and feel more comfortable moving forward in my role as a Forensic Nurse Examiner. Thank you!!
- Well done & very informative. I feel much more confident in my skills.
Continuing the Conversation in Youth Suicide Prevention: Suicide Risk Assessment and Management for School Counselors and Clinicians – May 2018
- Informative, interactive. Day was great! Happy I attended!
- Helpful break out sessions for nurses. Thanks!
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – April 2018
- It was a very informational and interactive educational program
- This course is well-structured and very informative (with excellent links/resources) that will be greatly used in practice
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – May 2018
- Overall, this was a great online class with lots of informative links and videos. I would highly recommend this online course to future new NPs.
- This course was very useful and informative, I definitely learned an incredible amount of information that I did not know first-hand. I think it made me more confident in knowing my opiate drugs and their classes.
Prescribing Controlled Substances – June 2018
- Very informative and helpful and provided the facts and necessary knowledge in order to prescribe safely.
Transgender Lives & Health Barriers – June 2018
- Session was needed from my perspective since I don’t know or understand what health barriers LGBT people seek. Hopefully this topic will expand so all members of society understand and know what is needed.
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – January 2017
- The course gave me great ideas on how to prevent and openly discuss the use of controlled substances with a patient.
- The flexibility of the online course makes it more encouraging to fit this into my busy schedule
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – February 2017
- Usable and highly applicable links to relevant state and government agencies.
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – May 2014
- I will be using the knowledge gained during this course daily in my practice
- This has been an enlightenment. Very applicable information and useful online support sites.
- Because of this program, I’m now more aware of the resources available to guide me to safe prescribing of medications.
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – June 2017
- This course will allow me to better assess my patients and to safely prescribe medications
- I will apply the knowledge that was gained during this activity into practice in numerous ways
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – July 2017
- This course provided a plethora of relevant resources
- It was a very interesting course and each module covered essential information required in order to prescribe controlled substances as primary care provider-APN.
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – August 2017
- I learned very important information in this course. The knowledge I received in this course is going to be very helpful in my practice as an APN.
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – September 2017
- I appreciated the links to helpful government, organization and independent websites relevant to the topic. These sites will undoubtedly be revisited as I progress into the APN role.
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – October 2017
- I can apply this to my new practice and patient care.
Prescribing Controlled Substances in NJ – December 2017
- I truly enjoyed the presentations
- The online learning format is fantastic-really appreciate that this exists
- Very informative course
Writing Workshop: Research Papers/APA Style – January 2017
- It was a great class that helped me really detail APA for my future papers. I really liked the instructor’s energy. The tone of voice helped make a confusing topic easier. I would suggest this class to everyone!
- Well organized with fantastic speaker
SANE – January 2017
- Very helpful course even if not working as a SANE nurse. Knowledge alone help make better understanding of assault victims.
- The course material was presented very well and I really liked the physical interactive strategy
SANE – June 2017
- This class by far has prepared me for SANE nursing. I have learned so much and cannot wait for the opportunity to work in this field. ALL speakers were incredible.
- Glad I took this course. Really gave me a broad knowledge of sexual abuse.
Pediatric Physical Assessment – February 2017
- Excellent presentation. So glad I came!
- Case studies were relevant
Pediatric Physical Assessment – June 2017
- As a school nurse, very applicable!
Pediatric Physical Assessment – December 2017
- Excellent organization and programming
- One of the best courses I have ever taken!
- Love the specifics given, even though not diagnosing, very good to know to differentiate.
Suturing and Wound Closure – February 2017
- When I am an NP in the future, I will reflect on this class!
- Speaker Dr. Knapp was knowledgeable, easy to talk to. I was really able to learn!
Suturing and Wound Closure – September 2017
- This was a great class. Thank you very much!!
- Amazing and informative class. Also very fun.
Orthopedic Injuries & Splinting Basics for School Nurses – April 2017
- I found this useful and enjoyed the doctor that presented
Pediatric Emergency Care Workshop – October 2017
- Very comprehensive, enjoyed the videos & examples of real-life scenarios.
- Excellent review of assessment skills or all types of injuries seen in school health office
Diabetes Management in the School Age Child – April 2017
- Great learning experience
- Excellent speaker, very knowledgeable about diabetes education
Substitute School Nurse Workshop – May 2017
- Excellent demonstrations of school
- All excellent! Thank you so much!
IAFN Clinical Skills Training – 2017
- I absolutely loved this clinical practice program. Eileen gave vital knowledge I will be utilizing. I LOVED the GTAs and thought their knowledge and humor was so effective in educating about gynecological pelvic exams. Can’t wait to use all the tools I learned here.
Improving Communication Regarding End-of-Life Decisions – June 2017
- Program speakers were excellent
- Excellent program and resources
Teaching in NCLEX Environment Workshop – June 2017
- This workshop was very helpful for our BSN faculty. It is inspirational and just what we needed.
NP Boot Camp – November 2017
- LOVED the expert knowledge! Extremely helpful! Amazing & very knowledgeable
- Looking forward to more classes. It was awesome!
Orthopedic Injuries & Splinting Basics for School Nurses – October 2017
- Really enjoyed doc’s presentation- energetic, funny, knowledgeable, and stated clearly main points and seems motivated to teach.
- Awesome program as always. I recommend your classes
A Closer Look at Skin Disorders: Dermatology for the Advanced Practice Nurse – November 2017
- The class was awesome. Speaker was very knowledgeable, entertaining & very well spoken!
- Excellent! Great knowledge of subject matter
Rings, Rashes, Lumps and Bumps: Skin Disorders in the School Age Child – December 2017
- Excellent program. Can apply information to my practice. Speaker well-versed and excellent knowledge. Please continue to have this at MU.