Close Close

How to File a Complaint

Complaints against members of the Monmouth University Police Department may be made to anyone and will be accepted by email, phone, fax, letter or in person regardless of your age or citizenship status. Complaints will also be accepted anonymously.

Report the incident to an on-duty police shift commander

Police shift commanders are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request to speak with a police shift commander regarding an allegation of misconduct, please call (732) 571-4444.

Report the incident directly to the Internal Affairs Bureau (IAB).

To make a complaint directly to an investigator in the Internal Affairs Bureau, call 732-571-3492, Monday through Friday during normal business hours to schedule an appointment.

Download the Internal Affairs Complaint Form and include as much of the following information as you can remember:

  • Date, time, and location of the incident
  • Name(s) and badge number(s) of the member(s) involved
  • Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses
  • Circumstances of the incident

Complaints can also be communicated by mail:

  • Monmouth University Police Department
  • Attn: Internal Affairs Bureau
  • 400 Cedar Avenue
  • West Long Branch, NJ 07764