Tuition Aid Grants (TAG) are funded by the state of New Jersey and are administered through the New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (NJHESAA). TAG provides assistance to needy full-time Monmouth University undergraduates who have been residents of New Jersey for at least twelve consecutive months prior to receiving the grant. Annual award amounts for 2021-22 range from approximately $2,114 to $13,196 annually. To be considered for an award during the 2021-22 academic year, new students must have filed the FAFSA by September 15, 2021. Prior TAG recipients must have filed by April 15, 2021. Award renewal is dependent on the student filing the FAFSA within state deadlines, meeting satisfactory academic progress, and continuing to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be a legal resident of New Jersey for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to enrollment
- Be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in an approved degree program.
- Making satisfactory academic progress
- Register with the Selective Service (if required by federal law)
- Not owe a refund on a federal or New Jersey grant or scholarship
- Not be in default on a federal or state student loan
- Not have received a baccalaureate degree
- Not have received the maximum number of payments