The UCI operates three vessels for research and field activities: the 49-foot R/V Heidi Lynn Sculthorpe, the 27-foot R/V Seahawk and the 18-foot R/V Little Hawk. The UCI also owns a collection of cutting-edge technologies used for measuring, mapping and exploring subsurface features, such as shorelines and submerged obstructions. The UCI supports vessel and field activities for:
- Student and faculty research efforts
- Local, state and federal agencies
- Consulting and engineering firms
- NGOs and other institutions
To learn more about the UCI’s vessels, equipment and activities, view the fact sheets below.
- R/V Heidi Lynn Sculthorpe 49-foot former NOAA vessel
- R/V Seahawk 27-foot May-Craft
- R/V Little Hawk 18-foot Parker
- UCI Hydrographic Capabilities Statement
- Hydrographic Mapping and Surveying
- Hydrographic Equipment List
- Water Quality Monitoring
- Benthic Mapping and Habitat Characterization
- MEBP Additional Equipment List
Track the Heidi Lynn Live
Track Monmouth University’s R/V Heidi Lynn Sculthorpe in real-time!
A Day at Sea with the Urban Coast Institute
Spend ‘A Day At Sea’ with UCI marine scientist Jim Nickels and his students as they scan underwater wreckage.