Skip to main content

New Record Set for Giving Tuesday

Alumni, parents, students, employees, and friends raised approximately $23,000 on November 27, setting a new record for Giving Tuesday at Monmouth.  Of the total raised, 83 percent was directed to supporting student scholarships and will be counted toward the $15 million goal of the Together We Can campaign. Donors directed the remaining 17 percent to a variety of other academic and athletic programs.

Amanda Klaus ’09, executive director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving, noted that participation was 153 percent higher and philanthropic gains for the one-day event yielded 36 percent more than 2017. “We are so grateful for the support from so many areas of the Monmouth family,” Klaus said. “The generosity shown on this day of giving will have a meaningful impact for our students.”

Klaus said she appreciates that increasing the total so quickly is a team effort.  “We are working hard to educate students, alumni, parents, faculty and employees that every gift, of any amount, adds up quickly with broad participation. I look forward to reaching a new goal next year,” she said.

To learn more about supporting Together We Can: The Campaign for Student Scholarship visit monmouth.edu/together.