- This event has passed.
Department of History and Anthropology Senior Research Presentations
Graduating senior history majors, will present orally the results of their capstone research papers. These are independent projects, worked on in the context of a seminar led by a faculty member, conducted over the course of a semester, based on original research. This semester’s projects include:
- A study of the rise of the SS in Nazi Germany
- The Salem witch trials
- The origins of sign language in medieval monasteries
- The history of Mackinac Island as both a modern tourist destination and a site of Native American and colonial interaction
- The way New York public schools dealt with student trauma in the wake of the terror attacks of 9/11
- The implications of Brexit for the U.K.-Ireland boarder
- The impact of Europeans on Native American culture in 18th century New Jersey.