- This event has passed.
Climate Change, Coasts & Communities Symposium
The “new normal” of increased storm events, flooding, sea level rise, and coastal erosion from climate change presents daunting adaptation challenges for New Jersey in the years ahead. This symposium features leading experts in climate change adaptation law and science to discuss lessons learned from other states and countries to assist New Jersey in navigating these challenges.
Topics will include:
- S. and Australian case studies in coastal adaptation;
- Public health dimensions of coastal adaptation;
- Human rights impacts to vulnerable coastal communities;
- Climate change impacts to “voiceless” communities (future generations, wildlife, and natural resources);
- Strategies to combat climate change-induced and other anthropogenic factors in eutrophication of coastal marine ecosystems, and the impacts to ecosystem services and the communities who depend on them.
Visit the symposium web site for a full list of speakers and more event details. Admission is free for Monmouth employees and students (registration required), $35 for the general public, and $25 for Monmouth alumni and non-Monmouth students. (Cost covers Wednesday evening reception and Thursday breakfast, lunch and refreshments.)