Sue Starke, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Rutgers University
B.A., Wellesley College
Major interests include Renaissance literature and culture, medieval literature, Victorian literature, and genre theory.
Dr. Starke has published articles on Edmund Spenser, Philip Sidney, and Abraham Cowley, while her book, The Heroines of English Pastoral Romance, was published in 2007 by Boydell and Brewer.
Frequently Taught Classes
- Cooperative Education: English (EN 488)
- Foundations of British Literature (EN 227)
- Legal Fictions: Literature and the Law (EN 225)
- Literature I: Ancient Through Renaissance (EN 201)
- Renaissance in England (EN 309)
- Seminar in English (EN 491)
- Shakespeare I (EN 305)
- Shakespeare II (EN 306)
- Shakespeare, His Contemporaries and Renaissance Society (EN 513)
- Superheroes: Echoes of Epic (EN 222)
- The English Renaissance (EN 511)
Recently Taught Classes
- Foundations of British Literature - EN 227
- Legal Fictions: Literature and the Law - EN 225
- Shakespeare, His Contemporaries and Renaissance Society - EN 513
- Cooperative Education: English - EN 488
- Nature of Tragedy - EN 430
- Superheroes: Echoes of Epic - EN 222