Ph.D., West Virginia University
M.A., West Virginia University
B.S., West Virginia University
Dr. Lubniewski earned a doctorate from West Virginia University in special education. Her B.S. in multi-disciplinary studies and M.A. in elementary education were also from West Virginia University. She acquired additional certification in multi-categorical special education and early childhood education. She has taught inclusion for reading and mathematics in grades K, 1, and 2, and has taught in a self-contained setting for grades 9-12. Dr. Lubniewski worked as an Assistant/Associate Professor at Elmhurst College for 6 years. She specializes in collaboration, differentiated instruction, and teacher training. Dr. Lubniewski is a member of the Council for Exceptional Children, and American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. She served as an executive board member of Esperanza Community Services Center and also as an executive board of the Teacher Education Division for the Council for Exceptional Children. Her current scholarship focuses on The Collaborative Student Teacher Training Model and how iPads impact student engagement.
- Scholarly Articles
- Servilio, K. L., Hollingshead, A., & Hott, B. L. (2017). Partnerships enhancing practice: A preliminary model of technology-based peer-to-peer evaluations of teaching in higher education. Journal of Special Education Technology, 32 (1), 23-35.
- Servilio, K. (2017). Cases on STEAM Education in Practice: Differentiated Instruction. In Judith Bazler and Meta Van Sickle (Eds.). Cases on STEAM Education in Practice , pp. 319-334. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Lubniewski, K., McArthur-Amedeo, C., & Harriott, W. (2018, January). Evaluating Instructional Apps Using the App Checklist for Educators (ACE). International Electronic Journal of Elementary Education, 10(3), 323-329.
- Natale, K.& Lubniewski, K. (2018, January). Use of communication and technology between educational professionals and families. International Electronic Journal of Elementary Education, 10(3), 377-384.
- Servilio, K.& Wong, C.Y. (2017, July 31). A case study of a teacher from Hong Kong: What does an international teacher really think about U.S. education? The Clute Institute International Business & Education Conference. New York, NY.
- Natale, K. & Servilio, K. (2017, July 8-11). The integration of research and education: Graduate research assistantship. International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics, and Informatics. Orlando, FL.
- Natale, K. & Servilio, K. (2017, March 5-9). Family perspectives on teacher communication through technology. Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Austin, TX.