Director of Spanish and International Business Major and Spanish for Business Minor
MU Clinical Educator
Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Courses this Semester
- FS 202-01
- Regularly Taught Courses
- FS 201 Intermediate Spanish I
FS 202 Intermediate Spanish II
FS 313 Commercial Spanish
FS 402 Advanced Spanish Conversation and Oral Proficiency
FS 412 Advanced Business Spanish I
FS 413 Advanced Business Spanish II
FS 414 Current Issues in Business in the Spanish-Speaking World
- Research Interests
- Spanish novel of the Twentieth and Twenty-First Centuries
- Sociological and Psychological theories and the novel
- Spanish Post-Civil War literature and the novel written under/after dictatorship
- Spanish and Spanish-American novels written under/after dictatorship
- Transatlantic considerations of Historical and Collective Memory of dictatorship in the novel
- Dictatorships in the Hispanic World: Transatlantic and Transnational Perspectives. Madison, NJ: Fairleigh Dickinson UP, 2013. Co-editor and contributor.
- Scholarly Articles
- “The Discourse of Silence as Testimony in Jenn Díaz’s Es un decir.” Hispania. 101.1 Forthcoming March 2018
- “Trauma and the Family Emotional System in Jenn Díaz’s Es un decir and Marisa Silva Schultze’s Apenas diez.” Cincinnati Romance Review. Forthcoming Fall 2017
- “National History and Resistance in Ricardo Piglia’s Respiración artificial and Juan Goytisolo’s Reivindicación del Conde don Julián.” Dictatorships in the Hispanic World: Transatlantic and Transnational Perspectives. Ed. Julia Riordan-Goncalves and Patricia Swier. Madison, NJ: Fairleigh Dickinson UP, 2013. 79-102.
- Review of Reading Twentieth-Century Spanish Literature: Selected Essays, by Noël Valis. Forthcoming in Hispania.
- Review of Sites of Memory in Spain and Latin America: Trauma, Politics, and Resistance, by Aída Díaz de León et al. Hispania 99.4 (2016): 680-81.
- Review of Histories, Cultures, and National Identities: Women Writing in Spain, 1877-1984, by Christine Arkinstall. Hispania 94.4 (2011): 753-54.
- Presentations/Invited Talks
- Organizer and Panel Chair– “Confronting a Painful Past: Historical Memory in Novel and Film of the Hispanophone World”. Northeastern Modern Language Association Convention (NeMLA), Hartford, CT, March 2016
- “Trauma, Memory, and Family in Jenn Diaz’s Es un decir and Marisa Silva Schultze’s Apenas diez.” NeMLA Convention, Hartford, CT, March 2016
- “Reclaiming the Past and Reshaping the National Identity in Pedro Amoros’s La extraña victoria.” NeMLA Convention, Toronto, Canada, May 2015
- Organizer and Panel Chair – “Teaching Business Spanish: Approaches and Challenges.” NeMLA Convention, Boston, M.A., March 2013
- 2016 Distinguished Educator Award
- Kappa Delta Pi Undergraduate International Honor Society in Education at Monmouth University