Ed.D, University of Montana
Dr. Judith Bazler earned her doctorate in science education from University of Montana. She began her career in teaching in Missoula, Montana teaching chemistry, biology and mathematics in high school. She applied for and was one of the 150 teacher-in-space people chosen by NASA from 64,000 applicants to be the first teacher to travel into space. She moved from Bethlehem, PA to Monmouth University in 1997 where she was an associate professor at Lehigh University and the founder and CEO of the SMART Discovery Place. Her triple major of chemistry, biology and mathematics has enabled her to have the background necessary for her work in teaching students how to teach science and in her research interests of science education, informal science, and science and technology.
- Van Sickle, M.L., Swanson, J.D. , Bazler, J.A., & Lubniewski, K.l. (Eds.). (2019) Identifying, Describing, and Developing Teachers Who Are Gifted and Talented. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Bazler, J. & Van Sickle, M. (Eds.) (2017). Cases on STEAM Education in Practice . Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Bazler, J., Graybill, L., & Romagnoli A.(2019). Getting the dialogue Started: A conversation with GATE teachers. In Judith A. Bazler, Meta L. Van Sickle, Julie Swanson, & Kathryn Lubniewski (Eds.). Identifying, Describing, and Developing Teachers Who Are Gifted and Talented (pp.12-21). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Bazler, J. (2017) Tower design as a STEAM project. In Judith Bazler and Meta Van Sickle (Eds.). Cases on STEAM Education in Practice , pp. 206-219. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Scholarly Articles
- Bazler, Judith. A. (2018). The Assets and Challenges of Using Adobe Connect in a College Classroom. INTED2018 Proceedings, 12th International Technology, Education and Development Conference Valencia, Spain. 5-7 March, 2018.
- Romagnoli, Alex, Judith A. Bazler, and Meta Van Sickle. (2018). Science Education and the Graphic Novel Connection: Pre-Service Teachers and the Creation of Graphic Novelettes. Science Education 26(2): 73-80.
- Bazler, Judith A., Letty Graybill, Meta VanSickle, Kyle Seiverd, Dorothy Varygiannes, Erik Tiernan, and Charles Volpi. (2016). Reviews of Biology and Mathematics APPs for Use by Science and Mathematics Teachers. American Journal of Educational Research 4(1): 40-46.