Department Advising Coordinator
PhD, Drew University
BA, Boston College
- Office Hours
- Monday, 1:15-2:45 p.m. and Tuesday, 3-4:30 p.m., and by appointment.
- Courses this Semester
- EN 102 College Composition II
EN 213 Tragedy/Tragic
EN 228 Foundations Am Lit
- Regularly Taught Courses
- EN 101 College Composition I
EN 102 College Composition II
EN 201 Literature I
EN 202 Literature II
EN 213 Tragedy & the Tragic
EN 226 Literary Studies for English Majors
EN 228 Foundations of American Literature
EN 332 Modern American Lit
EN 398 Special Topics: Fictions of Family
EN 426 The Short Story in English
- Research Interests
- Major interests include twentieth-century American fiction, the short story, modern drama, and sports and literature.
- “‘Deliver Me from Nowhere’: Place and Space in Bruce Springsteen’s Nebraska.” Reading the Boss: Interdisciplinary Approaches to the Works of Bruce Springsteen. Lexington Books (Lanham, MD).2010.
- Scholarly Articles
“‘The Fox in the Chicken Coop’: Elvis Presley and 1950s Small-Town America in Tennessee Williams' Orpheus Descending.” Magazine Americana (2009).
“‘Designs of Identity and Images of American Boxing Tradition in William Faulkner’s Absalom, Absalom!. Studies in American Culture 29.2 (2006).
“Derbies and Snaffles: Horseracing and Southern Folk Culture in William Faulkner’s The Reivers.” The Mississippi Quarterly 59.3/4 (2006).
“Sports, Politics, and the Corruption of Power in Robert Penn Warren’s All the King’s Men.” Aethlon 22.2 (2005): 67-73.
“Performing the Past: Text, Subtext & Meta-Drama in Eugene O’Neill’s Long Day’s Journey into Night.” Theatron 2.2 (2004): 39-47.
“The Off-‘Beat’ Rhythms of Self-Expression in the Typography and Verse of Ntozake Shange’s for colored girls who have considered suicide when the rainbow is enuf.” Philament 3 (2004)
“Opportunities for Interpretation: A Cinematic ‘Look’ at Troilus and Criseyde.” College English Notes 29 (2002): 1-4.
- Additional Information
English Department Awards Committee