PhD, Economics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
CRE, MAI, & CTA Designations
MA, Economics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- Bey Hall, 204
- CV URL
Donald Moliver, with a doctorate in economics from Virginia Polytechnic Institute, is the Pozycki Professor of Real Estate at Monmouth University where he has been a member of the faculty for 28 years. Dr. Moliver is the founder of the Kislak Real Estate Institute, New Jersey’s sole provider of executive and academic credit bearing real estate education.
Having earned the CRE and MAI designations, Donald M. Moliver has been actively engaged in the appraisal of real estate for over twenty years. Key corporate clients have included AT&T, Hilton Hotel, International Flavors and Fragrances, KHovanian, and Bank of America. He has prepared and reviewed hundreds of appraisals for financial institutions, as well. Qualified as a valuation expert in New Jersey Tax and Superior Courts, Dr. Moliver has prepared written and oral testimony before tax, consulting assignments. A former member of the Congressionally authorized national Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB), he has also authored several articles on the valuation of real estate in international and domestic journals, including the Journal of Properly Valuation and Investment and Appraisal Journal.
- Research Interests
- Specialties are in the field of international trade and economics, and real estate. Research interests include real estate valuation issues.
- Popular Press
- (2002) (with Schmelzkopf, K.) "Perceptions of Gender Differences in the Real Estate Profession," Advancing Women in Leadership, (10), 1, Winter.(2002) (with Schonberger, M.) “A Win-Win Solution,” Urban Land, May, pp 20-21.(2001) (with Schonberger, M.) “Defeasance vs. Yield Maintenance: What’s the Difference?” Real Estate Issues, (26), 2, Summer, pp. 1-7.(2000) (with Nag, R.) "Reits-The New Way of Investing in Real Estate Assets" in Studies in the Strategy & Tactics of Competitive Advantage: Management in the New Millennium, J.S. Boronico (ed.) Edwin Mellen Press:Lewiston, NY., (12), pp. 235-261.(1999) (with Christofi, A., Christofi, P.)"An Application of the Discounted Cash Flow Approach to Value Line’s Data", The Journal of Accounting and Finance Research, (7), 2, Fall, pp. 106-114.(1999) (with Christofi, A., Christofi, P., and Marcus, L.,) "Evaluating Common Stocks Using Value Line's Projected Cash Flows and Implied Growth Rate," Journal of Investing, Spring, (8) 1, pp. 38-45.(1998) (with Boronico, J.) "Letters to the Editor," The Appraisal Journal, LXVI, 1, January(1997) (with Christofi, A., and Christofi, P.) "An Application of the Discounted Cash Flow Approach to Value Line's Data", The Journal of Accounting and Finance Research, 5 (3), Winter.(1997) (with Boronico, J. S.) "Appraisal Reliability and the Sales Comparison Approach," The Appraisal Journal, (October),Volume LXV, (4), October. pp. 331-336.(1996) (with Boronico, J. S.) "Unit Selection and the Sales Comparison Approach," Journal of Valuation and Investment, 14(5), pp. 25-33, December.(1995) (with Kim, Sang-Hoon) "Examination of the Equivalent Relationship Between the Two Credit Decision Approaches: The Opportunity Cost and NPV," Financial Review, 30(4), pp. 711-737.
- Additional Information
- Complex Valuation & Litigation (Hilton, International Flavors and Fragrances, AT&T, Roberts Pharmaceutical.)
- Real Estate Analyst: Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Valuation Expert on behalf of the City of Asbury Park (Redevelopment Zone).