DESIGNATED HERO OF THE YEAR AWARD CEREMONY ON MARCH 21
Back to All News
Monmouth University is holding its 3rd Annual Designated HERO of the Year Award Ceremony on Wednesday March 21, 2012 at 3 p.m. in the MAC Varsity Club Room 301. Students and employees nominated themselves or a friend to be the Designated HERO of the Year. Winners, chosen by the HERO Campaign Group at Monmouth University, will be announced at the event. Finalists include Ryan Clutter, Chris Sikorski, Gary Mejia, and Chelsea Pfender. The Student HERO of the Year will be featured on local billboards donated by CBS Outdoor, Fairfield, NJ.
Monmouth University President Paul Gaffney, HERO Campaign Founder William Elliott, and Assemblywoman Mary Pat Angelini will all be in attendance for this Award Ceremony. If you are interested in attending this free event, please RSVP to email@example.com or 732-263-5804.
The HERO Campaign for Designated Drivers is dedicated to preventing drunken driving tragedies by promoting the use of safe and sober designated drivers. Established in October 2000 in memory of Navy Ensign John Elliott of New Jersey, the campaign has grown to become a national movement to save lives on our highways. Ensign Elliott was a May 2000 graduate of the United States Naval Academy, who was killed in a head-on collision with a drunken driver on July 22, 2000.
Monmouth University adopted the HERO Campaign in 2007 and is the MODEL school for the program. Monmouth’s HERO Campaign promotes the use of sober designated drivers through clubs and organizations on campus.
- Designated HERO of the Year-$200 Monmouth Mall , HERO T-Shirt, Certificate and local billboard coverage, most likely in Ocean and Long Branch, donated by CBS Outdoor.
- 2nd - $100 Monmouth Mall , HERO T-Shirt, Certificate
- 3rd - $75 Monmouth Mall, HERO T-Shirt, Certificate
- HM- $25 Monmouth Mall Gift Certificate, $10 Einstein’s Bagels, HERO T-Shirt, Certificate
- NEW CATEGORY: Designated Employee of the Year- $50 Monmouth Mall Gift Certificate
# # #
Media contact: Petra Ludwig at 732-263-5507