|What:||“Combat to Campus,” an interactive workshop addressing the challenges veterans face when transitioning from the military to college campus.|
|Who:||Monmouth University military veteran faculty, students and counselors|
|When:||March 27, 2 to 3 p.m.|
|Where:||Wilson Hall Auditorium, Monmouth University, 400 Cedar Avenue, West Long Branch, N.J.|
|Contact:||Jeffrey Hood at 732-263-5258|
|Cost:||Free and open to the public|
Monmouth University will host “Combat to Campus,” an interactive workshop addressing the challenges veterans face when transitioning from the military to college campus, on Friday, March 27 at 2 p.m. in Wilson Hall Auditorium. The event is free and open to the public.
Monmouth University military veteran faculty, students, and counselors will answer questions such as:
- What are some common misconceptions about military service?
- What are some of the issues we face when transitioning from the military to college?
- How do we relate to other college students, faculty, and administrators?
- What advantages/disadvantages do we face as veterans?
- Why did we choose to enlist in the military prior to going to college?
In addition, audience members will be given the opportunity to ask questions. This event is co-sponsored by Monmouth University Office of Veteran Services and the Student Veterans Association.
For additional information, please contact Jeffrey Hood at 732-263-5258.