Meredith A. Riddle, Ed.D.
Dr. Meredith Miller-Riddle serves as Director to the Provisional Teacher Programs at Monmouth University. She graduated from Monmouth University with an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership in 2019 and a Master’s Degree in American History in 2007. Mrs. Riddle has been a teacher for 17 years within Long Branch Public Schools having taught grades 3-12 in each level school, (Elementary, Middle and High) and has also served as Social Studies Department Chair. Dr. Riddle was awarded New Jersey American History Teacher of the Year (DAR 2019), Teacher of the Year in 2017, and District Teacher of the Year 2007 as well as Veteran’s Teacher of the Year for Monmouth County 2008. In addition to her directorship at Monmouth University, she serves as an Adjunct Professor. Previous work awards have included induction into the Delta Kappa International Honors Society for Women Educators and nominated for the Martin Luther King Jr. Award 2014. She is a published author, “Learning About the World is Much More Important”: Project-Based Learning as Core Assessment, in the book Best Practices in Social Studies Assessment.
Ed.D., Educational Leadership, Monmouth University
- Henning, J. E., Bragen, B. F., Jr., Mulvaney, T., George, W. O., III, Duffy, G., Aldarelli, E., Grabowski, C., Harriott, W., Riddle, M., Falco, J., Heaney, P., Earle, C., Foster, L., & Borlan, C. (2018). The Monmouth University partnership: Redesigning practice. School-University Partnerships: The Journal of the National Association for Professional Development Schools, 11(1), 3-8.
- Kim, J. & Riddle, M. (2017). “Taking ownership of their learning”: Three examples of performance-based social studies assessment. In M. Pearcy (Ed.), Best practices in social studies assessment (pp.107-116). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Frequently Taught Classes
- Secondary Social Studies Education Part II (ED 580)
- Teaching Social Studies and Cultural Education at the Secondary Level (ED 579)
- Teaching Social Studies at the Elementary Level (ED 576)
- Teaching Social Studies at the Secondary Level Part I (ED 371)
- Teaching Social Studies at the Secondary Level Part II (ED 372)