Janet Mahoney, Ph.D., RN, APN-C, NEA-BC
Dean Mahoney started her nursing career at St. Mary Hospital School of Nursing in Hoboken, NJ. She has worked in obstetrics, critical care, and medical/surgical units, and is certified as an emergency nurse, nurse executive advanced and advanced practice nurse. An alumna of Monmouth “College” University in 1987, Mahoney joined Monmouth as a faculty member in 1995, ultimately becoming a director (1998), associate dean (2004), and dean (2009). With faculty and administrative support, Mahoney led the efforts to establish the first doctoral program at Monmouth. She is also the co-director of the RWJF NJNI grant to develop future nursing faculty, and has been instrumental in expanding the Department of Health and Physical Education. Mahoney strives for interprofessional collaboration among health professionals to serve the health care needs of society.
Ph.D., New York University
Job Satisfaction, Power, Sense of Belonging, Teaching Research Online and In-class, Wound Prevention, and Administration Issues.
Mahoney, J. (2011). Types of Abuse. In S. W. Stark (Eds.), Signs of Abuse: Nursing Clinics of North American Philadelphia: A, W B. Saunders Company.
Mahoney, J. & Saldov, M. (2009). Collaborative Forensic Social Work Field of Practice: Older Adult Elder Abuse. In T. Maschi, C. Bradley & K Ward (Eds.), Forensic social work: Psychosocial and legal issues in diverse practice settings. New York:NY Spring Publishing Company.
Reineke, P. R., Parietti, E.S., and Mahoney, J. (2011). Preparing Clinically Expert Faculty Educators: An Academic Partnership Model. Journal of Professional Nursing.
Fraser, C., Mahoney. J.(2009). Women and Multiple Sclerosis: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Quality of Life. 2009 Nova Science Publishers, Inc. Co-authored Chapter entitled, “The Relationship Between Self-Efficacy, Self-Esteem, Hope and Disability in Women with Multiple Sclerosis. Mahoney, J. (2011, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000).
Mahoney, J. (2008). Hearing loss and assessment: A concern for all. Nursing Spectrum, 12A (1), 20-22. 2008 was the fourth revision to the article first published in 2000. Extra content added because the contact hour for continuing education went from 50 minutes to 60 minutes per one contact hour).
Mahoney, J. (2006) Do you feel like you belong? An on-line versus face-to-face pilot study. Visions: The Journal of Rogerian Nursing Science, 14 (1), 16- 26.
Opening new programs and refining established programs for the School of Nursing & Health Studies
- American Nurses’ Association New Jersey State Nurses Association – Region 6
- NLN National League for Nursing
- ONE/NJ Organization of Nurse Executives of New Jersey
- Rogerian Society National Organization of Nurse Practitioners Faculties NONPF
- American Association of University Professors
- Lambda Delta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, Int. (Nursing Honor Society)
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurse Association (GAPNA)
- New Jersey State Nurses Association 2012 Diva and Don Award by the Institute for Nursing
- Janice Marchetti Leadership Award in 2005 through Sigma Theta Tau, Int.’s Lambda Delta Chapter
Frequently Taught Classes
Recently Taught Classes
2020 Summer E
- NU-664P-MAH2 - Nursing Administration Ii Practicum
- NU-202L-01 - Nursing Ii Lab
- NU-202L-02 - Nursing Ii Lab
- NU-202L-03 - Nursing Ii Lab
- NU-SANE-MAH - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner