Dr. Bernard F. Bragen, Jr., has been the superintendent of the Hazlet Township Public Schools since November 1, 2011. His educational experience includes working as a special education teacher, learning disabilities teacher consultant, supervisor of special services, assistant principal, principal, and most recently as assistant superintendent in the Hazlet Township Public Schools prior to his appointment as superintendent. Dr. Bragen holds masters degrees in both special education and educational leadership, and a doctorate in educational leadership. Dr. Bragen helped oversee the implementation of several initiatives that have had a profound impact on the students in the Hazlet School District, including district reconfiguration, the creation of the Explorer Program-Early College Academy, and the one-to-one Chromebook Program. Dr. Bragen is currently the President of the Monmouth County Superintendents’ Roundtable, and has been a member of the Executive Board since 2011.
- Henning, J.E., Bragen, B.F.. Mulvaney,T., George, W.O., III. (2019) A sustainable teacher residency: Designing paid internships for teacher education. School-University Partnerships.
- Henning, J.E., Bragen, B.F., Jr., Mulvaney, T., George, W.O., III, Duffy, G., Aldarelli, E., Grabowski, C., Harriott, W., Riddle, M., Falco, J., Heaney, P., Earle, C., Foster, L., & Borlan, C. (2018). The Monmouth University partnership: Redesigning practice. School-University Partnerships.
- Cram, H.G., Smith, W.T., & Bragen, B.F., Jr., (2018, Spring.) Moving beyond state and federal accountability to real school improvement. Educational Viewpoints, 46-48
- Foster, L., Aldarelli, E., Bragen, B. F., Duffy, G., George, W. O., Mulvaney, T., & Harriot, W. (2018). The yearlong clinical experience: Design and implementation. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, Baltimore, MD.
Recently Taught Classes
- Design-Based Research – EDD 803
2019 Summer E
- Advanced Topics in School Leadership, Supervision, and Curriculum P-12 – EDL 589
- Practicum in Executive Leadership – EDD 716
2019 Summer C
- Research Based Program Evaluation and Decision Making – EDL 606
2019 Summer B
- Education Law and Policy P-12 – EDD 721
2019 Summer A
- Practicum in Supervision and Curriculum P-12 – EDL 582
Frequently Taught Classes
- Advanced Program Analysis (EDD 750)
- Education Law and Policy P-12 (EDD 721)
- Human Resource Management and School Finance (EDL 532)
- Introduction to Educational Leadership and Supervision for Student Learning P-12 (EDL 504)
- Practicum in Executive Leadership (EDD 716)
- Research Based Program Evaluation and Decision Making (EDL 606)