Assistant Professor, Teaching Fellow
Dr. Bernard F. Bragen, Jr., has been the superintendent of the Hazlet Township Public Schools since November 1, 2011. His educational experience includes working as a special education teacher, learning disabilities teacher consultant, supervisor of special services, assistant principal, principal, and most recently as assistant superintendent in the Hazlet Township Public Schools prior to his appointment as superintendent. Dr. Bragen holds masters degrees in both special education and educational leadership, and a doctorate in educational leadership. Dr. Bragen helped oversee the implementation of several initiatives that have had a profound impact on the students in the Hazlet School District, including district reconfiguration, the creation of the Explorer Program-Early College Academy, and the one-to-one Chromebook Program. Dr. Bragen is currently the President of the Monmouth County Superintendents’ Roundtable, and has been a member of the Executive Board since 2011.
- Scholarly Articles
- Henning, J.E., Bragen, B.F.. Mulvaney,T., George, W.O., III. (2019) A sustainable teacher residency: Designing paid internships for teacher education. School-University Partnerships.
- Henning, J.E., Bragen, B.F., Jr., Mulvaney, T., George, W.O., III, Duffy, G., Aldarelli, E., Grabowski, C., Harriott, W., Riddle, M., Falco, J., Heaney, P., Earle, C., Foster, L., & Borlan, C. (2018). The Monmouth University partnership: Redesigning practice. School-University Partnerships.
- Cram, H.G., Smith, W.T., & Bragen, B.F., Jr., (2018, Spring.) Moving beyond state and federal accountability to real school improvement. Educational Viewpoints, 46-48
- Presentations/Invited Talks
- Foster, L., Aldarelli, E., Bragen, B. F., Duffy, G., George, W. O., Mulvaney, T., & Harriot, W. (2018). The yearlong clinical experience: Design and implementation. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, Baltimore, MD.