Mona Lisa has been described as the most admired, written or sung about work of art in existence, possessing unique qualities that include the subjects mystifying expression, strong composition and delicate modelling of forms.
This call for entries challenges artists to re-reimagine Mona Lisa – the how is up to you – whether it be in a new medium, new time/place, new interpretation, etc. – we want to see how this famous work continues to capture imagination so many years after it was created.
Accepted mediums include: original watercolor, oil, acrylic, fabric, mosaic, needlepoint, collage quilting, and 3- dimensional sculpture.
- No prints/digital submissions will be accepted.
- No nudes or suggestive portrayals will be considered.
- Submissions must be entered through CAFE (https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=11274) and should include: artist statement, images/media of each piece, artist bio and entry fee.
- Entry fee is $30 for up to 3 artworks.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 artworks.
- Mediums accepted include: original watercolor, oil, acrylic, fabric, mosaic, needlepoint, collage quilting, and 3- dimensional sculpture.
- Shipping/drop off of accepted work to Monmouth University is the responsibility of artist
- Only artwork of professional presentation will be accepted.
- Wall-hung items must be appropriately framed and/or edges adequately finished and must use sturdy wire as the hanging medium. No saw-tooth hangers or metal eyelets accepted. Frames must be free of defects.
- Three-dimensional works must be stable to stand on their own or be submitted with adequate display stands.
- Three dimensional artwork cannot exceed 5′ h x 3′ w and not weigh more than 75 pounds.
The call for entries closes at midnight on May 5, 2023. Participants will be notified by May 17, 2023. The show will run in Monmouth University’s Pollak Gallery from June 16 – August 11. For more information or questions please contact Kelly Barratt at 732.263.5114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Entries Deadline: MAY 5, 2023