Wilson Auditorium

Formerly known as Shadow Lawn mansion, Wilson Hall was built in 1929 at a cost of $10.5 million as the private residence of former F.W. Woolworth Co. president Hubert Templeton Parson and his wife, Maysie. Located on the lower level, Wilson Auditorium can accommodate 225 people in theater-style seating. It is the home of the University’s esteemed Visiting Writers Series and also hosts a wide variety of events such as lectures, meetings, concerts, and film screenings. It has a built-in stage, drop-down screen with rear projection, and state-of-the-art sound system.