On January 16, 2009, Monmouth University entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the United States Environmental Protection Agency. The purpose of this MOU is to document Monmouth University’s commitment as an environmental steward that pledges to reduce its carbon footprint and generally contribute to a better environment by partnering with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Memorandum of Understanding – 1/16/09
- Memorandum of Understanding Update – 7/16/09
- Memorandum of Understanding Update – 1/16/10
- Environmental Assessment Report – 3/25/10
- Memorandum of Understanding Update – 7/16/10
- Environmental Assessment Report – 8/17/10
Monmouth’s commitment for continuous improvement involves: using EPA’s environmental stewardship programs to develop policies, practices, and specifications for environmental efficiency standards; increasing stewardship awareness; remaining current with EPA regulations and guidelines; increasing involvement and recognition of Monmouth’s stakeholders in environmental sustainability programs; partnering with local government on environmental initiatives; and addressing environmental concerns swiftly.