Close Close

Non-Monmouth Programs Information

Monmouth University encourages study abroad as an excellent means of globalizing one’s education. Qualified students can participate in study abroad through:

  • The Monmouth University programs in London, Sydney, Cádiz, Strasbourg, Buenos Aires, Florence, and Sorrento
  • Any program offered by an approved or accredited U.S. institution of higher education

Students who plan to study abroad in a program at University of Westminster London, Macquarie University in Sydney, University of Andalucía in Cádiz, the European Study Center in Strasbourg, International Studies Abroad (ISA) in Buenos Aires, Lorenzo de’ Medici in Florence, and Sant’Anna Institute in Sorento must do so through the Monmouth University programs. No permission will be granted for study abroad at these institutions unless the student is registered for the MU program.

Study abroad satisfies the experiential education requirement provided that a minimum of six credits are successfully completed. Regardless of where a student studies abroad, it is important to communicate with your advisor about the particular experiential education requirements of your degree program.

Qualifications for study abroad through non-Monmouth programs include:

  • At least sophomore status (a minimum of 30 credit hours earned)
  • Minimum GPA of 2.75
  • Not on academic probation
  • Not on judicial probation

Important notes:

  1. Only outside the major requirements or ‘free’ elective credits will be accepted
  2. Students cannot be within 32 credit hours of graduation to participate. Typically, this means students cannot have completed more than 96 credit hours before studying abroad in a non-Monmouth program.
  3. Sponsoring school must be an accredited US college or university.

How to Apply

Students who choose the option of studying abroad under the auspices of other accredited programs must meet the study abroad criteria specified above and should also follow the guidelines as provided on the Study Abroad: Non-Monmouth Program form available from e-FORMS. The e-FORM will be electronically routed for approvals, with an e-mail confirmation when all approvals have been obtained. The final e-mail approval will include a copy of the approved form so the student can provide a copy to the host institution. Written approval from the Registrar MUST be received prior to commencing study abroad.

Students planning to attend a foreign institution must do so utilizing the services of an American college or university. Students are required to have the host school send an official transcript to the Office of the Registrar. Students considering this opportunity should consult with the Office of the Registrar, Great Hall, Room 208, or call 732-263-5246.