All flyers and posters must be brought to the Office of Residential Life, located in Pinewood Hall to be approved and hung in the residence halls. Those flyers will receive a stamp from the Residential Life office and be hung by the RA Staff. Even if a flyer has been approved and stamped by Student Services, it must still be stamped by the Residential Life office for posting in the residence halls. Please do not post flyers on your own in the residence halls.
Posting of Advertisements
In an effort to disseminate information to resident students in a consistent and easy to find format, the following policy related to posting materials in the residence halls was developed. The Posting Policy is designed to improve the aesthetics of our residence halls and decrease the damage to our facilities from improper posting. Your assistance and that of your department or student club/organization is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to everyone working together to maintain a beautiful campus environment. These procedures also reduce the fire hazards associated with flyers and signs that often clutter residence halls. This policy applies to all recognized student groups and all departments at Monmouth University.
Materials from businesses and other community enterprises are prohibited from being in the residence halls and may only be posted in the Rebecca Stafford Student Center.
- Public areas (lobbies, hallways, main or corridor entrances, etc.)
- All materials will be approved by the Office of Residential Life and stamped accordingly. There should be 36 flyers (one per posting area) or 12 flyers (one per building) provided to the Office of Residential Life. Extra flyers will be recycled.
- All materials will be hung by Residential Life staff members in designated areas. Posters should be no larger than 8 ½ x 17 in size.
- Any materials that promote the use of alcohol or other drugs or that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, nationality, sex (including pregnancy and sexual harassment), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, age, liability for military service, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, including AIDS and HIV-related illnesses or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law are strictly prohibited.
- Materials shall not be affixed to entrance/exit doors except for two 8 ½ x 11 objects and a memo/dry erase board.
- Approval from other offices does not supersede or take place of approval from Residential Life.
- Sliding flyers under doors or the mailbox distribution of pamphlets, leaflets or flyers is not permitted.
- Flyers/posters should be brought to the office no more than 10 days and no less than 3 days prior to the event.
- Materials may not be hung out of windows.
- Any material visible to the public may not be inconsistent with established community standards or Monmouth University and the Office of Residential Life.
- All postings and flyers must be in compliance with the University Policy on solicitation.
- Any material not posted by a Residential Life staff member will be promptly removed and discarded.
- Posters/advertisements for events occurring on multiple dates or over the course of the semester, will be removed at the end of each semester.