The Monmouth University Rebecca Stafford Student Center is considered the “Living Room” of the campus. It is used by and for the Monmouth University community to host lectures, workshops, meetings, and events. It is also a place where people gather to eat, socialize, study, and relax. The Rebecca Stafford Student Center maintains this balance by presenting an environment that is friendly and inviting, one that celebrates the University’s diversity of culture and ideas through positive expressions. Since the Rebecca Stafford Student Center is one of the main “resource” locations on campus, it is important that any advertisements posted in the Student Center meet certain guidelines.
The following regulations detail the Student Center’s policies for posting advertisements in the building.
- All advertisements must be approved and posted by the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations. (Monday – Friday 8:45 AM – 5 PM) Any items not stamped or hung by the Student Center staff will be removed immediately.
- Materials posted cannot exceed 11 inches x 17 inches.
- All advertisements posted in the Student Center will be posted by Student Center staff. Advertisements dropped off at the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations will be posted in the Student Center within 24 hours. Also, the Student Center staff will be responsible for removing all advertisements.
- Advertisements can hang for up to 2 weeks or until the occurrence of the event, whichever is first.
- There will be separate bulletin boards for different categories of advertisements including:
- (4) Student club/organization or campus-sponsored events and meetings
- (2) Housing issues (i.e. roommate wanted, room for rent, etc.)
- (1) Items for sale or wanted/Help Wanted/Needed
- (1) Off-Campus events
- (1) Miscellaneous ads (i.e. LSAT, GMAT, educational trips, etc.)<.li>
These are the only approved posting bulletin boards in the Student Center
- Posting is NOT permitted on the exterior of the Rebecca Stafford Student Center or on or around the glass exterior Student Center doors, unless pre-approved by the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations.
- There will be no posting of alcohol-related events, obscenities, slanderous material, or material containing racist or sexist statements. This would include, but not be limited, to advertisements which show/promote nudity, violence, racism, sexism, etc.
- There will be no posting of notices or flyers that support or endorse candidates for political office.
- Use of any bulletin board or authorized advertising space in the Rebecca Stafford Student Center does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of any product, service, or information by the Student Center or Monmouth University.