The Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations and the Student Government Association encourages all student organizations to actively raise funds for their organization’s use. In order to assure that any fundraising activities are not considered suspect with regard to prize distribution or financial misappropriations, all student organizations are required to adhere to these fundraising guidelines.
- All student organizations interested in raising funds, bake sales, contests, etc. must complete a fundraising request at the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations to gain official approval and table/building space. If the organization is interested in doing a raffle or game of chance, a separate process must be completed. Please stop by the Office of Student Activities for the application process for conducting a raffle. This process is lengthy and should be started at least ten
(10) to twelve (12) weeks prior to the raffle date.
- If the fundraiser is an event type of program (i.e. dance, show, etc.) an appointment must be made with the Director of Student Activities and Student Center Operations to review plans and discuss expenses.
- Once the fundraiser takes place, the organization must come back to the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations to inform the staff as to who won the contest and/or to report revenue earned from the fundraiser. Please complete the Fundraising Reconciliation Form and return to the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations. This information is for the Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations’ records only. Student organizations will not be able to continue fundraising events until this information is provided. Also, failure to report fundraiser amounts may result in denial of future funding for organization projects.
- No student group may solicit funds or items from off-campus sources for its own use or a charitable purpose without permission from the Vice President for Student Life and Leadership Engagement and the Vice President for External Affairs. The Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations will be happy to assist students in obtaining permission to fundraise for their use or a charitable purpose.
- In order for a student group to host a raffle or event that includes any games of chance, the group must complete an extensive application with the Borough of West Long Branch. Please be advised that the application process is lengthy and must be completed at least ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks in advance of the anticipated event. Please stop by the Office of Student Activities for additional information and for the application.