Student organizations may reserve facilities by visiting Conference Services and Special Events, located on the 1st floor of the Rebecca Stafford Student Center. If the group is scheduling facilities for anything other than a meeting space, they must first see the *Director of Student Activities and Student Center Operations for approval of and assistance with scheduling the event.
The following are specific procedures for reserving and using facilities/equipment on campus:
Rebecca Stafford Student Center and ALL Other Facilities
- Reserve room with Central Scheduling. Events, other than meetings, must be approved by the Director of Student Activities and Student Center Operations, and the form must be signed by the organization’s advisor. All reservations should be made at least one month in advance.(Fraternity/Sorority Chapters must have campus events approved by the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life).
- Set-up in the Rebecca Stafford Student Center: Please see the Assistant Director of Student Activities to discuss the room set-up (Student Center only) at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Set-up in Other Areas: All requests for set-ups must be made directly to Facilities Management on a MU Facilities Management Service Order available online through the University website. Any extra Facilities Management expenses may be billed back to the sponsoring organization.
Audio-Visual Needs: Audio Visual needs must be obtained by an advisor e-mailing the Help Desk at email@example.com . This should be done at least ten days in advance.
- If the event is outside or requires extensive audio and visual needs please see of the Office of Student Activities at least 3 weeks prior to your event.
- Food: If the sponsoring organization wants to have food at the event, the food must be provided by Gourmet Dining Services. Gourmet is the exclusive food contractor (see Advisor FAQs for more information) for the University. They can be reached at x5678 (off-campus 732-263-5678).
- University Police: If it is determined by Student Life/University Police that an officer will be needed at the event, contact University Police at least two weeks prior to the event. The Office of Student Activities and Student Center Operations will assist in arranging officers for your event. The organization must pay for the required officer(s).
- If the assignment of an additional Building Manager or Facilities Management personnel is deemed necessary by the Student Activities and Student Center Operations staff, the sponsoring group will be responsible for the additional expense.
- All organizations are expected to leave the facilities in a clean condition and to place trash in proper trash receptacles. Smoking is only allowed in properly designated places on campus (at least 25 feet from the entrance to any building). Alcohol is only allowed at licensed events with the proper control mechanisms in place. Organizations are responsible for their members’ and guests’ behavior.
- Each semester, clubs are limited to reserving (2) general meetings until their roster is submitted. Rosters are not considered ‘received’ until the first day of school.
- Once the roster is on file, the remainder of the semester’s general meetings can be scheduled.
- Meetings that are not general club meetings are considered special events. Such gatherings/workshops, programs, etc. for Fraternity & Sorority Life and student clubs must be approved by Student Activities or the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life respectively prior to confirmation of event. Contact the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life for fraternity & sorority for events, and the Director of Student Activities and Student Center Operations, for student clubs and organizations events. They are located in the Student Life Suite on the second floor of the Student Center.
Organizations are expected to follow all campus regulations when using facilities. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the groups’ facilities usage privileges.
Capacities for Commonly Used Rooms
Anacon Hall: 500 (capacity will be less with a banquet set-up)
Anacon A: 250 (capacity will be less with a banquet set-up)
Anacon B: 250 (capacity will be less with a banquet set-up)
Pollak Theatre: 716 (no food or drink allowed in this venue)
Bey Hall Auditorium: 100
Wilson Hall Auditorium: 225 (no food or drink allowed in this venue)
Student Center 202 Rooms: Approximately 20
Magill Club Dining Room: 65
Carol Afflitto Conference Room: 35
Blue & White Club: 150
Pozycki Hall 115: 150